Friday, November 26, 2010

Thankful for the views outside my window

Although our Thanksgiving was in October, I’ve enjoyed reading all the posts about everyone being thankful this time of year so I thought I would share a couple of things that I’m thankful for and that make me smile when I look out my window.

A few days ago I was lucky enough to have a special visitor that only shows up a couple of times a year…a gorgeous Pileated Woodpecker. I grabbed my trusty camera and took a few shots of him before he spread his massive wings and flew away. They really are very large birds!  Only one picture turned out clear enough. I was thankful for seeing him AND getting a photo.

woodpecker

That photo was take a couple of days ago and this is what it looks like outside today…

snow1

snow2

I’m thankful for the beauty of winter and my warm cozy home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Penny Rug Christmas Tree

Just listed another one on Ebay. Off to make a couple more for my craft sale! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=39069...