Thursday, December 9, 2010

Decorating Fun

I thought I would share a few photos of what we've been up to the past week. We've been busy baking and decorating and will be doing more baking up until the big day.

 I'm  trying to keep things simpler this year and I've noticed I'm not alone in that area. A lot of the blogs I visit have the same idea. I think it's time for our family to tone down Christmas and get back to the main reason for the season - Love of Christ and spending time with family.

Just being together and spending time together preparing for Christmas is a blessing in itself and the only gift I need!

Here's a photo of Grandbaby Hailie picking out her very first ornament to hang on the tree and I LOVE the fact that she chose one of my old rusty jingle bells! She's got primitive in her blood :)

Shelby and Hailie starting to decorate the tree.

Shelby making Sugar Cookies. I forgot to take a picture of the cookies and they're all tucked away in the freezer now. We made chocolate chip cookies too but they're all gone now...LOL

Here is the finished tree. It's an artificial tree that my parents purchased the year I was born and I only use the top half of it due to lack of floor space. 

This display is on top of our entertainment unit. 

I'll be posting more as time permits. I hope you all take time to relax and enjoy the blessings of the season.




1 comment:

  1. Hey Connie, beautiful tree! We're starting our baking this weekend and I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

Another Penny Rug Christmas Tree

Just listed another one on Ebay. Off to make a couple more for my craft sale! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=39069...