Saturday, December 11, 2010

Keeping it simple outside too

I'm keeping true to a simpler Christmas outside too. In past years I've been so stressed out trying to 'do it all'  so this year less fuss + less stress = more enjoyment time and I'm already noticing a difference. I'm actually enjoying every bit of preparing for Christmas this year.

 Here are a couple of gatherings outside my back door (the one visitors come to).
An old milkcan holds a bunch of silk poinsettias. An old rusty bucket and tool caddy await fresh greens that I still have to go cut in our backyard. The vine reindeer was purchased for me by my oldest daughter a few years ago :)

I got this wooden toboggan at a garage sale this summer for $5 - can't beat that! It will be put to good use this winter when we take Grand-baby for rides. And Santa is there to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas.

I hope to get out and do some shopping today but they're calling for a major storm so we'll have to wait and see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Penny Rug Christmas Tree

Just listed another one on Ebay. Off to make a couple more for my craft sale! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=39069...