Thursday, April 8, 2010

Homemade Bread

bread

I've wanted to make my own bread for as long as I can remember. I even considered the idea of a bread maker for a couple of years and would stop to look at them in the store every so often, but never brought one home. Well the other day I was reading Suzanne’s Blog (Chickens in the Road), and found her recipe for her Grandmother bread! I read through a few of the posts and it sounded like it was easy to make. Then I saw the post of her daughter making bread and that really motivated me. If a young girl can make bread, so can I, right? So I did it. Right then and there and it turned out delicious! It was so easy too! I don't know why I've been so scared of making my own for so many years but it might have something to do with all the complicated recipes that I've seen in my cookbooks and online.

I like the idea of this recipe being handed down for so many generations too. It makes me feel like I'm part of the past in some small way. Thanks for sharing it with us Suzanne :)

P.S. If you’re scared of making homemade bread like I was, try this! You will be amazed at how easy it is and how wonderful your home smells!

3 comments:

  1. Connie, I love to make bread. There's something theraputic about it for me. I'm always looking for a good recipe, gonna go check this one out! Thanks for sharing! Looks good. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness it looks so good! I can only eat gluten free (flour free) but my family is gluten full-I think I'm going to have to make this for them!
    Thanks for sharing this!

    Robin~♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of our favorite smells...homemade bread in the oven. There's almost nothing better, unless you're putting real butter on fresh-baked bread! :) Glad you finally took the plunge...it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Another Penny Rug Christmas Tree

Just listed another one on Ebay. Off to make a couple more for my craft sale! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=39069...