Monday, March 21, 2011

Road Trip to St. Jacobs and a new Primitive Black Cat bread board

We went on a little road trip for a few days to the beautiful village of St. Jacobs. It's located in south west Ontario and one of my favorite places to visit. The surrounding Mennonite farms are incredible and we always take a trip out on the back roads to take in all their beauty.


Of course, no trip to St. Jacobs would be complete without visiting their famous Farmer's Market. Considering the time of year and how cold and windy it was, the place was packed. A lot of vendors inside but sadly not too many Mennonite ones this time of year. I like going in late summer - early fall when they're all there selling fresh produce from their buggies. I think another trip in the Fall will be in order :)
Miss Pearl having a hard time deciding what to have at the Market.
Ahh, a huge homemade oatmeal raisin cookie was the choice!

I have a lot more photos to share and will do that soon but I also wanted to show you the Primitive Black Cat bread board I just finished this morning. I think it turned out pretty good if I do say so myself *smile* You can find it in my Ebay store here if you're interested.





4 comments:

  1. I love St. Jacobs... I have to make it a point to get there this summer.

    Love the kitty board... great job.

    Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a neat place. Love the buggy in the picture. Miss Pearl is darling. Cookie don't look bad either. Love the cat board. I had a cat that lived to be 17years old. Still miss him. Have a good evening

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Connie... I love St. Jacobs even though it has been years since we were there. I would love to go again sometime.
    We had also gone to the Market and it was wonderful.. I remember that we drove around for two days just looking at the farms..
    My husband is an old farm boy.. smile..
    God Bless...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE St. Jacobs...but have only been there a few times. I grew up in Northern Ontario..but my brother and SIL live only five minutes from St. Jacobs...so when we would visit, I NEEDED to make a trip there...wonderful place.

    Blessings,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete

Another Penny Rug Christmas Tree

Just listed another one on Ebay. Off to make a couple more for my craft sale! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=39069...