Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tuesday Display Chain - Recently Acquired

Well this is the first time I've joined Misi's Tuesday Display Chain. I check out all the weekly blogs and love it but this time I have something to share too, so I thought I would join in. On our recent road trip to St. Jacobs, we hit a few antique stores in search of some yellow ware bowls which are extremely hard to find in our area.
I was lucky and found 2 of them that I liked and were in good shape.


I found some antique rolling pins and a masher too! The masher is well used and has several cracks in the bottom attesting to that - I love it!

I don't go antique hunting very often and there were so many wonderful things I wished I could bring back with me, but lack of finances and lack of room in our car made it impossible. I did take a lot of photos which I'll share in another post soon!

9 comments:

  1. Great finds Connie... those bowls are almost impossible to find around here but if you do you leave them there because they want a King's ransom for them.

    Can't wait to see your other treasures.

    Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, Connie
    Wow great finds~ love the yellow bowls~ that 2nd one just so very pretty!
    And who doesn't need mashers & rolling pins! love them all!
    smiles
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the old mashers and yelloware.Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful goodies! So glad you joined in.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love stuff ,I love the masher as I have a "thing" for them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful treasures - love the yellowware bowls!

    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome Yellow ware bowls! Great patina on that masher! Wonderful new finds!
    Thanks so much for sharing along in the chain. I hope to see you again
    ~Bliss~
    Misi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bowls!! I collect mashers and rolling pins too, love yours.
    Blessings,
    Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Yellow Ware bowls...they are the epitome of 'Old' kitchen ware. And they most certainly say 'GRANDMA'...beautiful.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Another Penny Rug Christmas Tree

Just listed another one on Ebay. Off to make a couple more for my craft sale! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=39069...