Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tuesday Display Chain - Recently Acquired

Well this is the first time I've joined Misi's Tuesday Display Chain. I check out all the weekly blogs and love it but this time I have something to share too, so I thought I would join in. On our recent road trip to St. Jacobs, we hit a few antique stores in search of some yellow ware bowls which are extremely hard to find in our area.
I was lucky and found 2 of them that I liked and were in good shape.


I found some antique rolling pins and a masher too! The masher is well used and has several cracks in the bottom attesting to that - I love it!

I don't go antique hunting very often and there were so many wonderful things I wished I could bring back with me, but lack of finances and lack of room in our car made it impossible. I did take a lot of photos which I'll share in another post soon!

9 comments:

  1. Great finds Connie... those bowls are almost impossible to find around here but if you do you leave them there because they want a King's ransom for them.

    Can't wait to see your other treasures.

    Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, Connie
    Wow great finds~ love the yellow bowls~ that 2nd one just so very pretty!
    And who doesn't need mashers & rolling pins! love them all!
    smiles
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the old mashers and yelloware.Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful goodies! So glad you joined in.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love stuff ,I love the masher as I have a "thing" for them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful treasures - love the yellowware bowls!

    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome Yellow ware bowls! Great patina on that masher! Wonderful new finds!
    Thanks so much for sharing along in the chain. I hope to see you again
    ~Bliss~
    Misi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bowls!! I collect mashers and rolling pins too, love yours.
    Blessings,
    Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Yellow Ware bowls...they are the epitome of 'Old' kitchen ware. And they most certainly say 'GRANDMA'...beautiful.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete