Friday, March 4, 2011

Stuck in a rut....a Christmas rut!

OK, so I’ve really been trying to get inspired to do Spring type crafts. I have purchased many patterns over the years for primitive Spring crafts and stitcheries but I can’t seem to put my heart into them… I’m still stuck in Christmas mode. As many of you know I’m a Christmas fanatic! I love ALL things Christmas…any time of the year, and though I know it’s over, and I should be crafting and decorating my home for Spring…I just can’t seem to do it. Maybe it’s the cold weather – we’re due for another winter storm this weekend, or maybe it’s just the fact that I find it very peaceful to be stitching Christmas samplers or making Christmas dolls…I dunno. I plan on doing a few Craft shows this Christmas so I guess it’s OK to start stock piling now. I know come October I’ll be scrambling around trying to find everything and wondering if I have enough to do a few shows so I guess that’s a good enough reason to keep crafting Christmas…at least that’s what I keep telling myself!

Somehow I pinched a nerve in my back a few days ago so I’ve been trying to rest and sit still as much as possible. Hard to do when you have a 1 1/2 year old to take care of and your mind is bursting with crafting ideas….so sad when the mind is willing but the body isn’t! Getting older has it’s disadvantages but it’s better than the alternative! Many people never have the chance to grow old and I try to stay positive about it. I just don’t like it when my body pushes back and tells me to slow down.

I did manage to get our taxes done this past week so that’s one good thing off my list. And I got a few Spring goodies made but I can't show them all yet....some are for an Easter giveaway I'll be posting soon.

Here is one of items I made and it can be found on Ebay.  It's a OOAK item cause I didn't use a pattern - just started stitching and this is what came out. I like those kind of items best because there will never be another one the same *smiles*.

Here is another primitive bread board I made up too. I just love the checkered fabric - would look great in any kitchen. It's on Ebay too.


Hope you all have a wonderful Friday!

3 comments:

  1. Very nice, Connie.. You sure are accomplishing a lot even though you are not well.
    Here's hoping your back gets better..
    Love your work...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Connie - I am SO WITH YOU on the CHRISTMAS things...they are the things I sew the most all year long - I have the largest design inventory of Christmas - so you aren't alone there.
    And we just got dumped on again during the night with more snow so it could be Christmas here for all I know!

    And from someone dealing with back/hip issues for EVER...I feel for you. Thank goodness I don't have a wee one to run after.

    Take care.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post caught my eye as I work on fall and christmas items all through the year. I only do one craft show and it is a 3 day huge show on labor day weekend. My sales are from fall and christmas items only. I only stitch other seasonal items for myself. I am new to blogging and would love to have you stop by and visit sometime. I have lots to learn but am looking forward to making many friends in the blogging community. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Another Penny Rug Christmas Tree

Just listed another one on Ebay. Off to make a couple more for my craft sale! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=39069...