Saturday, February 6, 2010

First Ever Entry

Hi! Welcome to my blog. My name is Connie and I'm a homemaker, wife, Mother, Grandmother, graphic artist, and primitive folk art artist. I live in northern Ontario Canada in a small town about 4 hours north of Toronto. It's the town where the Dionne Quintuplets were born and raised. I LOVE Christmas! I'm new to the blogging world but not new to computers as I've been online for many years now and have met some wonderful friends all over the world. My hubby and I met online and he moved up to Canada from warm toasty Texas about 9 years ago.

This blogging thing is pretty cool huh? And VERY addicting. I find myself checking out the latest on the blogs I've been following. It started innocently enough with a few of the primitive craft ones, then clicking on one of their links, then one of those links only to find out there's another and another and another.... There are so many talented and interesting women out there that share their ideas and passions and stories with us. I love the whole idea of sharing recipes, craft projects, photos and more! I don't know about you all, but when I check on one of my blogs and see there's a new post I get excited and end up spending WAY too much time reading when I should be working. I LOVE Christmas and all the decorating photos I've seen! WOW! Y'all have some real talent out there!

I have always been creative in one way or another for as long as I can remember. I love to draw, paint, color...you name it! I even learned to draw using only my computer mouse and absolutely love the graphics program Paint Shop Pro! I sew, stitch, make candles, and scrapbook. I love vintage primitive decor and making primitive crafts. I hope to have my whole house done in an old primitive farmhouse style eventually. I don't live in a farmhouse anymore but do live out in the "boonies" as some would call it. I just call it country. We have deer feeding right off our deck in the backyard at night and tons of birds, squirrels, chipmunks, skunks, raccoons and more. The only indoor pet we have now is a lop eared bunny rabbit who thinks he owns the house. Did I mention I absolutely LOVE Christmas? I work on Christmas craft projects all year long. I watch Christmas movies and listen to Christmas carols all year long. Some people think I'm obsessed...I just smile and wish them a Merry Christmas!

And I was worried I wouldn't know what to say in my first post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Penny Rug Christmas Tree

Just listed another one on Ebay. Off to make a couple more for my craft sale! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=39069...