Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

I don't see what all the fuss is about but then again I've never been big on Valentine's Day. Hubby and I wish each other a Happy Valentine's Day and maybe get each other a card when we remember but that's about it. I think Hubby wishes it meant more to me as he loves any excuse to spoil me but the frugal homesteader in me says it's a waste of money.

It meant more to me as a child than as an adult. I enjoyed handing them out and receiving them in school but I think that was mostly because we got to make our own and being the creative type, that was something I always looked forward to in school. The colored construction paper, glue, red and white paper lace, and red sparkles were so exciting to me! So many possibilities!

When my kids were growing up the practice of making your own Valentines seemed to have stopped by about Grade 3 or 4. Then it was on to purchasing the latest and greatest cartoon, movie, or pop star valentines to hand out to classmates. What a shame as the homemade ones were so cute and you could always tell which boy your daughter had a crush on by the one with the most glitter and X's and Os's scrawled all over it in bright red crayon.

It is a day of celebrating Love and I feel truly blessed to have so much in my life and in my home and I hope you do too!

Happy Valentine's Day to all!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Penny Rug Christmas Tree

Just listed another one on Ebay. Off to make a couple more for my craft sale! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=39069...